In the showroom at Via Durini 15, on the other hand, Porro is looking back and reconstructing its own history. From its foundation in Brianza in 1925, to the work with Munari in the 1960s - to which the company owes its logo and the Cubovo trolley, re-edited on this occasion - through the art direction entrusted to Piero Lissoni in 1989, up to the most well known collections of recent years, the Porro path of development is condensed into its main stages, to show that design has always been inherent in the DNA of the brand.
Not everybody knows that… the meeting between Porro and Bruno Munari dates back to 1966, on the occasion of a cycle of lectures held by the Milanese master at the Art School in Cantù: an immediate affinity, arising from sensibility, character and design attitudes that were in many ways common to both, prompted the company to approach the designer to give its brand a modern guise. The second exchange with Munari took place in the 1990s, when the company, on the occasion of a retrospective on the artist in Cantù, created the first prototype of Cubovo, a trolley with lacquered wood and plate glass structure (dimensions: 52x52x60 cm) designed in 1962, it never entered production.
The history of Porro came alive with the productive collaboration with Piero Lissoni, art director since 1989, which in few years transformed a company with hand crafting origins into its current role as a successful industrial firm, creating that systems that are renewed year after year, which are the symbol of the minimal but highly elegant aesthetics of the brand.
The opening of recent years towards designers from outside the company, particularly Christophe Pillet and Jean Marie Massaud, has further enriched the Porro catalogue: a choral offer where we read a number of hands, harmonious yet cohesive for image and capable of satisfying the most demanding tastes together.